Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Final assignment

Please comment our representation, so that we may improve it before dead line.

Please add a carbon atom in suitable positions so that they form a new organic compound and then press submit. Due to there are many possible positions of new carbon atom, many possible looks of carbon string may be found. Press Next , a movie is played to let you to distinguish different isomers.

Chin Po Ho
Ho Wing Kit





Source file (fla) http://iln.cite.hku.hk/com/1238/users/phchin/carbon.fla

swf
http://iln.cite.hku.hk/com/1238/users/phchin/carbon.swf

3 Comments:

Blogger dickens said...

Basically, this assignment is very good and interactive.
Just one suggestion for your consideration. As a mathematics teacher, I really don't know the chemistry terms and their properties. If I know their properties and real-life examples, I think I will be more interested and excited. Dickens Chiu

7:11 AM  
Blogger Susanna said...

I studied Chem during my secondary schhol but I've given all my knowledge back to my teachers! How poor I am.
By the way, the terms like methane, ethane, propane ... do make me confused. I think it will be better if you can include some information of each organic compound (such as structure, its characteristics and use) in your LO, so that students can learn more. It's only my idea and I don't know it is out of syllabus or not ^O^
Cheers,
Susanna

2:04 AM  
Blogger Terrenz Wong said...

Although I am not familiar in science, your work is an interesting and attractive learning object. It arouses student to learn and explore.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home